Friday, July 31, 2015

Summer is coming to a close

How many times do teachers say, "Oh yes! It's SUMMER TIME BABY!" and then after they get to sleep in for a week, it's all like, "Hmm, what do I do now?"

This happened to me this summer. In fact this is what I accomplished:
  1. The week after school was over I took a very long gifted class.
  2. Slept in - EVERY day after that. Except for the week I helped my best friend move!
  3. Went nowhere in particular. No fancy trips. Nothing but stayed home.
  4. Missed my classroom. Wheels were turning about how to re-organize things again Pinterest!
  5. Secretly enjoyed having nothing that I "had" to do.
  6. Got back into my art and drawing passion. Drew 4 really exciting 11 x 14 doodles. Then was inspired to open an Etsy store to sell more work. Then updated my Lindsey's Design Studio artist page social networking on Facebook
  7. Then enjoyed watching YouTube videos. Then updating my cover art there too!
  8. Finally realized I needed to promote my TEACHING Facebook page so people can share creative ideas! And my TeachersPayTeachers PFT store.
Basically, I've had a very productive nonproductive summer. Clearly, I've had a lot going on in my head. I have many passions and I always get random bursts of inspiration for a little bit and then I come back to it at other times. It was a wonderful feeling to re-explore my passion of creating art (it became buried to the bottom of the list since I started teaching). Then becoming inspired to create my own design for both my teaching and art loves.  

Here's hoping that, even with all the change this school year, I will stay organized and inspire my students too. And, above all else, not overly stress over nonsensical things. Life is quite a journey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment